The Polish Physical Society is a registered association operating on the basis of the applicable law on associations and having legal personality on this account.
The objectives of the Polish Physical Society are:
- dissemination of physics and related sciences, raising the general level of physical knowledge in society and supporting the development of physics in Poland,
- developing ties between physicists employed in education, science and in various branches of the economy,
- representing the community of physicists in society in front of state and local government authorities, as well as other public and private organizations in the country and abroad.
The Polish Physical Society pursues its goals in particular by:
- supporting or organizing research in the field of physics, rewarding and disseminating it,
- publishing activity in the field of physics and its applications,
- conducting, supporting and rewarding educational activities related to teaching physics at all levels,
- supporting the popularization of physics and its achievements,
- organizing and developing cooperation with domestic and foreign institutions and scientific societies.
The work of the Polish Physical Society is managed by the Main Board:
- President of PPS: Teresa Rząca-Urban (Warsaw Branch)
- Honorary President: Leszek Sirko (Warsaw Branch)
- PPS Secretary General: Bogdan Kowalski (Warsaw Branch)
- PPS Treasurer: Jan Grabski (Warsaw Branch)
- Katarzyna Chałasińska-Macukow (Warsaw Branch)
- Zofia Drzazga (Katowice Branch)
- Dariusz Grech (Wrocław Branch)
- Bohdan Grządkowski (Warsaw Branch)
- Stanisław Kistryn (Cracow Branch)
- Adam Maj (Cracow Branch)
- Sławomir Miernicki (Warsaw Branch)
- Aneta Mika (Szczecin Branch)
- Józef Spałek (Cracow Branch)
- Aneta Szczygielska-Łaciak (Katowice Branch)
- Andrzej Ślebarski (Katowice Branch)
- Andrzej Wysmołek (Warsaw Branch)
At least fifteen ordinary PPS members interested in spreading the idea and implementing the PPS program may form a branch of the PPS.
Zielona Góra Branch