The PPS Optics Section was created in December 1990. The founder members were: Krzysztof Ernst (UW), Wojciech Gawlik (UJ), Adam Kujawski(IF PAN), Jerzy Nowak (PWr), Maksymilian Pluta (PW), Tomasz Szoplik (UW), Józef Szudy (UMK), ... One of many reasons to create the Optics Section was the PPS-OSA operation. Its purpose was to delegate journals of the Optical Society of America to Polish universities for little money. Prof. Tomasz Szoplik was the chairman of the PPS Optical Section in years 1990-1997, next presidents were prof. Wojciech Gawlik and prof. Henryk Kasprzak (WUT) and prof. Ewa Weinert handle (ZUT Szczecin) is the current chairman of the Section.
The PPS Optical Section Board
1. Konrad Banaszek (Warsaw University)
2. Zbigniew Jaroszewicz (INOS, Warszawa)
3. Czesław Radzewicz (Warsaw University)
4. Tomasz Szoplik (Warsaw University)
5. Ryszard Tanaś (Poznań University)
6. Wacław Urbańczyk ( Wrocław University of Technology)
7. Ewa Weinert-Rączka (West Pomeranian University of Technology, Szczecin) - chairman
Website of the PPS Optical Section
Polish Optical Conference 2009, Będlewo, 27 June - 1 July 2009.
Polish Optical Conference 2011, Międzyzdroje, 27 June - 1 July 2011